Databases - MS Access Application Navigation
There are several ways to navigate an application
Microsoft's Application Navigation wizard provides a GUI
to create and edit a simple navigation system.
Tools / Add-Ins / Switchboard Manager
If a Switchboard is not already present,
the manager prompts you to create one.
the Switchboard Items table (5 fields)
and the Switchboard form.
- The primary unique key is composed of SwitchboardID
- ItemText - displayed on the buttons
- Command - 1 of 8 predefined constants
- Argument - Name of the form or report
This does not provide a way to open a report with the result of a query.
- 8 generic buttons
- The buttons and labels are displayed/hidden based on data in the table.
- There are 8 command verbs - open form, open report, run command
select menu, exit, and 3 more. In the wizard,
you select these from a list
- The default colors (olive and gray) are hideous - but you can fix this.
Author: Robert Clemenzi -