Annual Temperature Plots
The Station Data tab
Station Data tab
- Displays information related to the last clicked station
- Provides links to see the station info at both ghcn and Berkeley Earth
- Provides the ability to search by either name or ID (partials are allowed)
These links are customized to simplify finding related data.
- ghcn plots
- This links directly to the ghcn web site (at noaa.gov) and shows raw and adjusted anomaly data
for this station
- Search Berkeley Earth
- There is no simple translation to their ID's - so this link goes to a search page.
You will have to click one of their links (there may be more than one) to see the data.
At the bottom of the window, there are 2 search buttons and associated data fields
- Search by Name
- Locate the string anywhere in the official name.
For example, there are 128 adjusted sites which contain the string "port" in their names,
135 unadjusted (raw) sites.
- Search by ID
- Finds sites that start with the data you enter.
To find the number of sites in a specific country
and the count will be displayed.
- Click on any site in that country
- Type the first 3 character of the ID into the search field
- Click Search by ID
The for each site that matches the current filters and the search
- The site is selected and indicated on the map.
- Data is added to the station plot,
up to a maximum of 40.
(Over 1,000 is really too many for the application to handle,
over 10 is normally too many to read the legend.)
- The data for the last found site is displayed in the Station Data fields above.
Since both of these could match multiple (or no) sites, there is a # found field
to display the number found.